Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three-way herbicide treatments
Hi, don't know that this is the exact place for this question. We're a new housing development just outside of Ithaca -- on East Hill. We're looking at weed treatment options for our common lawn area, which consists of two standard street-length strips of grass between the sidewalk and the curb. It's currently riddled with dandelions and other weeds.

We want to pursue environmentally safe options. As such, does anyone know about "three-way" herbicide treatment? Should we be concerned that it might adversely affect groundwater? If so, any suggestions for an effective alternative?

By the way, the vendor we're considering proposes the following application schedule (see below).

I do apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Thanks much!

Best, Becky Hennessy

----------------------------------------

Application 1: April 1 – May 15th: Stonewall 0.43% 13-0- 0 30% Ployplus fertilizer and pre-

emergent crabgrass control. Spot broadleaf control with Three Way herbicide.

Application 2: June 15 – July 30: Merit 0.2% 18-0- 0 40% Polyplus fertilizer subsurface insect

control and spot broadleaf control with Three Way herbicide.

Application 3: August 15 – September 30: Balanced slow release fertilizer 18-0- 3 40% Polyplus

2FE and spot broadleaf control with Three Way herbicide.

Application 4: October 10 – November 30: Fall fertilizer 30-0- 0 25% Polyplus.
Hi, 

I apologize for taking so long to reply. These last few weeks are the busiest of the year - so I am in and out of the office a lot. I can definitely answer your question; however, the answer is much too long and complicated for me to type. Do you have a phone number that I would be able to reach you by? I would be able to give a better answer over the phone. 

If not, I would encourage you to call the Tompkins County Growline at 607-272-2292 during the week between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. 

Best, 
Pat